Welcome to the Rising Sun
An award winning village local in the heart of unspoilt South Downs National Park countryside renowned for its outstanding atmosphere, great food, well kept ales, long and varied wine list and charming staff. Stylishly refurbished, spacious and light and with vast gardens and terraces adorned with teak tables and parasols, this is a pub for all seasons and all occasions.
Covid19 – Third Phase Reopening – Back Inside – October Onwards
A message to our customers.
The use of the marquee came to an abrupt halt this week with the torrential rain and wind. Autumn is very much upon us and the clamour to get back to some semblance of normality has seen us fully reopen the whole pub. Over the coming weeks we will be erecting a new winter themed marquee on our back terrace with wood flooring, airtight sides and roof and overhead heating. This new space will be our principle drinking area but will also provide overflow dining space at the weekend. In the meantime please bear the following in mind:
- Where possible tables should be booked in advance however you will not be turned away if you do not book and we have tables available (normally at quieter times of the week). Please remember to cancel in good time if you cannot make your reservation and, ideally not by email.
- Six people from multiple households can be seated together. We will not take reservations of a greater number of people even from one household due to the optics of such a move.
- Customers must arrive wearing masks and cannot remove them until seated. Please liberally use hand sanitizer available and show courtesy to other guests.
- Once sat at your table please remain seated unless using the loo. All drinks and food must be ordered from our waiting staff. We cannot serve customers at the bar.
- We request that you pay by card. We do not wish to be handling cash in a food service environment at this time.
- We are required to close by 10pm. Last food orders are therefore circa 9pm.
- Takeaway and delivery will be reinstated and will remain in place all winter. Look out for further information soon.
Ben & Team
I am not prone to gushing emails, but hell, last night’s date night dinner was top drawer. Can’t quite see how you’re making any money on it – and would have happily paid more for delicious beef – really well cooked. Dauphinoise so good my wife wants you guys to make trays of the stuff for the freezer. Your pepper sauce was the crowning glory in my humble opinion. Rocket salad is the Riser tour de force – what can I say – the tomatoes (I can live without!) and the ’shroom – earthy and delicious. Drinkable Malbec, criminally rich pudding – it was all completely delicious, made very easy and exceptional value.
TP, Chithurst (23rd May)